Language and communication skills are an important part of our program.
Lectures and visits are in English or translated simultaneously from French, field placements are in French.
You must be proficient in English and have some knowledge of French.
DISCLAIMER : IT IS EACH PARTICIPANT’S RESPONSABILITY TO MAKE SURE HE/SHE HAS A BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF FRENCH PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF THE SUMMER SCHOOL.
There will be no level assessment test or screening during application.
In English you need to have a:
- TOEFL score of 80 (or equivalent score in any other test)
- IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent of B2-C1 within the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference Score.
In French, you must have an end of high-school level (A2 in the European System).
Scores below these averages may be considered for conditional applications.
Certain placements or field visits may bring you in contact with protected or vulnerable service-users. In the event that this should be the case, you should make sure that:
- You have no infections or illnesses that are incompatible with placements
- You are free of lung disease
- Your vaccinations are up-to-date (including anti HBS)